of Luminar’s Hydra
With camera-like resolution up to 200 points per square degree and high data fidelity, it reliably sees where objects are and what they are – even at long distances. Farther sight means enough time to react safely, even at highway speeds. Luminar’s lidar technology is designed for auto-grade, high-volume manufacturability.
500m max range
● 250m at <10% reflectivity
High Data Fidelity
● 1 cm range precision
● High-precision reflectant
120° field of view
● 30° dynamic vertical field of view
Detection and Tracking
● Road and driveable freespace: 80m
● Lane markings: 150m
● Objects and vehicles: 250m
● Dust & Water Ingress: IP67
● Vibration: SAE J1211
● Shock: IEC 60068-2 27 to 20g
DEVELOP WITH CONFIDENCE
Hydra has undergone multiple stress tests from freezing to earth-shaking vibrations so that you can develop with confidence regardless of your environment.
- Laser: Single 1550nm fiber laser that enables long ranges with 1,000,000x pulse energy of 905nm while staying eye-safe
- Scanner: 2 axis scanning mirrors with 120° x 30° FoV, scans only the laser rather than spinning the whole lidar device
- Receiver: The most sensitive, highest dynamic range InGaAs detector in the world when paired with our receiver ASIC
- Processing Electronics: An in-house custom mixed-signal ASIC
Hydra is the full tool set for accelerating test and development fleets of tens to hundreds towards series-production applications. It is configurable with one or multiple lidar sensors to enable autonomous driving from the highway to urban driving.
Rebuilt from the chip-level up, it meets the stringent performance requirements for safe autonomy.